Omelet Muffins

These individual omelet muffins mean everyone 
can have their favorite omelet fillings, and they
are all ready at the same time.
Omelet making just got easier!
 I had onion, green paper, ham, tomato,
 spinach and cheese. Use whatever you have,
leftover vegetables are good.
 First I sautéed the ham and raw vegetables 
 in a little butter until tender.
 Meanwhile I whisk the eggs.
Add the seasonings and a pinch of
baking powder. That makes them puff.
I add the tomatoes and spinach last. Stirring until
the spinach wilts. I let them cool a bit. I have extra
filling here for an omelet later in the week.
My kitchen assistant and taster 
Sofie is close by...as always. 
 Spray a muffin tin and add a spoonful of
filling to the bottom.
 Top with cheese.
 Pour the eggs on top, filling almost full.
Bake in a 375º oven for 15 minutes.
This is a good time to make whatever else
 you are serving like fruit and coffee. I love 
breakfast recipes that don't need my
constant attention.
 Bake until puffed and golden.
Aren't these the cutest?!
 Remove to a warm plate.
 Leftovers can be reheated the next day
in the oven or microwave
Omelet Muffins
4 eggs
¼ C milk
½ t baking powder
½ t oil
salt & pepper
omelet filling
shredded cheese
Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
Add a spoonful of omelet fillings, your choice:
(onions, ham, green pepper, mushrooms,
spinach, tomatoes, leftover vegetables)
Add a spoonful of cheese, your choice.
In a medium bowl whisk the eggs and the 
next 4 ingredients and pour over the 
cheese until the cups are almost full.
 Bake @375 for until puffed and golden, 
about 15 minutes.

Enjoy!




Comments